As we prepare for Thanksgiving with our friends and families, we want to take a moment to say what we at YLA are thankful for.
The students, the parents, the donors, supporters, and community partners.
For without you, we would not be able to continue to speak and pour into the lives of phenomenal children for the past 18 years.
So today, we give thanks, and deliver nothing but gratitude to you and your families.
- Thank you for being a solid support system to YLA and its mission.
- Thank you for understanding that the students in our community need us.
- Thank you for being generous with your time and financial support.
- Thank you for believing in our abilities to teach your most prized possession, your child.
- Thank you for having faith in our Board of Directors, facilitators, and community partners.
- Thank you to wonderful and intelligent graduates.
You are our why. We believe in you and are so incredibly grateful for you.
This Is Our Why!
YLA/SNDP Graduate Success Spotlight
A HUGE Congratulations to 2017 YLA/SNDP graduate, Elizabeth Chavez.
Elizabeth recently graduated from San Diego State University while commissioning as a United States Marine Officer! 👏 OOHRah! DPNQ! We are so proud of her for ALL of her hard work. The world is now HER OYSTER!
YLA students and volunteers sporting their new YLA Community service uniform while Giving Back to The Veteran, MCL 186 Detachment & Marines at the 247th Marine Corps Ball for the 10th year.
A Thanksgiving Prayer
We will leave you with this short prayer to teach your children to say before each meal.
It’s simple and easy for all to remember.
Thank you for this food to nourish our bodies.
Thank you for this family.
Thank you for my friends.
Please help to keep our friends and families Happy, Healthy, and TOGETHER.
We say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Board Inspired Scripture:
“Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:17-18 NLT) ❤️
Our YLA “Christmas Social” Date is soon to be announced. It will be held at our office on Water Street: A Safe Place to Land!
And…YLA’S FULL 2023 Program Calendar will also be announced in December.
IMPORTANT Dates to put on your 2023 calendar NOW!
- YLA Eagle Program: Feb 4 – May 6, 2023
- The Retreat: March 4 & 5, 2023
- YLA 10 Week Training: May 6 – May 13, 2023
- SNDP Eagle Program: May – July, 2023
- Devil Pups 10 Day Encampment: July 13 – 22, 2023
As always, we will continue to do community service projects, specifically for our veterans, police, and fire departments.
- The Conversation
- Your Why
- Self-Care (which will be open to children, but adults as well)
- The United States Constitution Class
We look forward to serving you and our community of future leaders in 2023! YLA is Building America’s Youth…One Teenager at a Time!Many Blessings and tons of gratitude, Marie Tomao, Executive Director YLA Board of Directors YLA Staff and Facilitators